Friday, June 26, 2009

Rasta and the Surfers for Cetaceans Crew






Good friend and motivated ocean helper Dave Rastovich emailed me this week to give me an update on the situation at the current IWC meeting in Madeira. To check out the news and Dave's diary entry, check out http://www.surferseyes.com/wp/news/

Summer is closing in here in Japan, which will bring to an end the dreaded rainy season soon, and finally the birth of my son. Working from home everyday is starting to drive me crazy; I was certainly not born with the housewife gene. With only 10 weeks to go it seems like time has flown, yet on the contrary as if time has been standing still these last few weeks. But with every day becoming more humid and the sun finally beginning to shine for more than one day at a time, Summer is indeed on its way and the days will continue to tick over.

Having so much time on my hands gives me the chance to sit and evaluate what is important, and what I want to focus on teaching my son. When I see good friends like Dave using their time and efforts for difficult yet worthwhile causes, it gives me inspiration to keep my feet moving myself. Kuni and I only touched the surface earlier this year in India, and there's lot more to be done there and all over the world, as well as at home, to help make this world a better place.

Even with all the trouble, if we can stick together and keep smiling, then it's all worth saving; don't you think?

No comments: